Tidy Kiwi Award

Tidy Kiwi Award
Well done A2 keeping our class clean!

Wednesday 23 March 2011

MY HOLIDAY IN WHAKATANE BY ROBERT


Fishing in Whakatane on PhotoPeach


Fishing in Whakatane on PhotoPeach


In the holidays me and my dad went to my uncles house in Whakatane to go fishing. We got there at nearly 10:45 pm!, When we arrived there I went straight to bed and my dad stayed up talking to my uncle. The next day I woke up my dad saying "DAD! ITS TIME TO GO FFFIIISSHHIINNGG!". He got up straight away, We packed our rods and drove off to a place called Ohiwa. We also took my uncle and my Cousins friend, When we got to Ohiwa we unpacked the car and carried all our things onto the jeti. We all untangled our lines and casted our lines out. We all felt a tug but we caught NO FISH!. We saw another man catch a huge COD fish about 50 inches long and 67 POUNDS!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robert

    Great recount! You are very lucky to have fishing experiences with your whanau. When I was a little girl, my parents would take me to Ohiwa and we would collect huge, sweet, fat mussels from there, not like the small cultivated ones we buy from the supermarkets today. They are wonderful memories I spent with my family and you're making wonderful ones too. Mrs Norton :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for viewing our blog. All comments are screened by the teacher. Please leave a positive message. Thankyou :-).